Tuesday, January 29, 2013

gym snob

The funny thing about this is I go crazy with diet and exercise once a year, and then gain it all back.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I have absolutely no right to be a gym snob!

Never the less

I can't stand the little girls who get on the elliptical with absolutely no resistance who go ridiculously fast.  


There is something called a flywheel in these machines.  Once it gets going, it uses momentum to propel you forward.  On the lowest resistance you aren't doing any work--the machine is doing it for you!!  So while you're trying to look awesome going super fast, you're not doing anything for your body.  

I totally respect if you're doing stations or whatever and only want to do 10 minutes on the machine.  Don't get on, do a mile, and get off.  Go for time, not distance.  I think that's one of the most common mistakes for people in gyms.  Just go home.  I'm trying to put in work, and I'm wasting energy being annoyed with you.  
piece and love,
kayla

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I hate that too! I always set the elliptical level to at least 6 or 7, and it aggravates me when I see people on level 1... But on the bright side, at least they aren't on the couch and they're using the healthy body they were blessed with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you noticed that it's always the skinny girls? >:(

      Delete
  2. Yes, it's always the skinny girls! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah you're too funny. Skinny girls with their hair & makeup done in their tight little workout clothes?

    ReplyDelete