Wednesday, October 17, 2012

my first recipe!

Remember the other day when I was telling you about all the homework I had?  Well I was basically stressed out and depressed all day.

So THIS guy...


...goes out and gets me THIS.


Are you serious?!  I almost cried.  I was totally surprised.  There were a bunch of other goodies in the bag too.

This is my auntie's recipe.  It's super easy, and one of his favorites.

Strawberry Pizza
1 sugar cookie roll
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 8oz tub cool whip
1 container strawberry glaze (I don't know the size but it's found by the fresh fruit)
1 container fresh strawberries

Preheat your oven to 350.  Dig out your pizza pan, and grease that thang.  Slice your cookie roll into about 1/2 in slices.  Slap them on the pan.  I like to start from the middle and work my way out so it looks more like a pizza.  Press together with your fingers until it's all relatively the same thickness.  If the dough keeps sticking to you, just wet your fingers (that's a life saving tip, right there).  Throw that thang in the oven.  Bake until golden.  Longer if you want it crunchy.  Let that thang cool completely.

Meanwhile,

Grab your hand mixer and a large mixing bowl.  Combine your cream cheese and whipped topping until smooooth.  Throw it in the fridge.  Rinse and slice your strawberries like pepperonis.  In another not as large bowl, fold your strawberry slices into your glaze.  Spread your cream cheese mixture on your cookie, then plop the strawberry mixture on top.

piece and love,
kayla

1 comment:

  1. YUMMM! Hmmmm, I think I'll have to make fruit pizza next week. Btw: You guys are so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete