Friday, February 8, 2013

daily substitutions

First, I want to thank you all for the congratulations.  It means so much!

The only thing I have really cut out of my diet is fast food (Taco Bell) and soda.  And when I go out to eat, I order from the kids menu instead of clearing my adult size portion.  So here are some really simple substitutions that will save you so much, and you won't even know it.


My zucchini bread recipe calls for 1/2 C vegetable oil.  Let me tell you one thing.  1 TBSP of oil has 120 calories and 14 g of fat!  14!  For one tablespoon!  I don't know how many tablespoons are in 1/2 a cup, so I'll let you do the math.  Applesauce, on the otherhand, has 90 calories and 0 g of fat per 1/2 C.  

I don't have all the facts for everything else, but here you go.

Turkey sausage vs. Hot dogs
Turkey bacon vs. Bacon
Extra lean ground beef vs. Ground chuck
Wheat buns/bread vs. White buns/bread
Wheat pasta vs. White pasta
Green tea vs. Coffee

These are super simple substitutions that make my home healthier.  These things are not drastic.  Except maybe the tea part for you coffee drinkers.  And the extra lean mean takes a kick to my wallet, but with the money I'm saving from avoiding fast food, I can afford it.  If you keep healthy food in your home, you'll eat healthy food.
piece and love,
kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment